I finally got my Retro Flowers finished this weekend - yay! I used a solid white backing, and even though I ran out of spray baste with about an inch to go on the top, it held well enough during quilting, thankfully! This was my first attempt at FMQ, just doing a meandering stipple, and all things considered it wasn't too bad, just a few places where the stitch length was a smidge long, but once I got into a rhythm I did relatively well at keeping it controlled. I bound it using the white squares on grey from Sherbet Pips, then threw it in the wash. I just love how this came out of the dryer, so lovely and crinkly, the texture is fab! Now it's all ready to go to its new owner in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
I'm hoping to get a much better shot of this at the handover, but in the meantime, this is the best I could do: