So one of my finish-along goals and January goals was to finish this messenger bag that I started last March or April time. It was a good chunk of the way there, but I got distracted because it wasn't a 'must have', so it lay abandoned under a pile of other things that ended up obscuring it completely - oops! Having dug it out, I decided to finish it off this week once my first Indie Star and bee blocks were out of the way:
This was the proto-type for a pattern that subsequently went out in the Intrepid Thread newsletter, although in the final version I shaped the front pocket a little differently, as I felt this was a tiny bit too baggy at the top. Other than that, it is the same size/shape, and has the same zipped inner pocket.
Fabric: needle cord from Robert Kaufman (outer), quilting weight cotton from It's A Hoot by MoMo for Moda
Interfacing/interlinings: Vilene woven interfacing (G700) and fusible fleece (H640)
Size: 9" x 9" x 2 1/2"
Pattern: Messenger bag by me
Finish #3 from both the January and Q1 finish-alongs: